Why Become a Foster Parent?
Fosters are critical to our mission of saving animals from kill shelters. We are a foster-based organization and cannot tag an animal for rescue without a home for the animal to go.
Fostering a dog or a cat is one of the most rewarding experiences you can have. The moment you see an animal go from scared and confused to feeling safe and loved will bring joy into your heart and home. It's not always easy, but it is always worth it! By taking an animal in need temporarily into your home, you are also freeing up a spot so the shelter or rescue can take in another pet — essentially, you are SAVING TWO LIVES!
- A safe, loving home.
- Basic daily care including food, water, exercise.
- Administering medications provided by rescue.
- Transportation to spay/neuter or other necessary vet appointments [vet care is paid for by Rescue].
- A willingness to bring your foster to adoption events.
Foster in 3 Easy Steps!
- Submit Your Foster Application
- Rescue Contacts You To Answer Any Questions & Learn More About Your Home
- Rescue Arranges a Home Visit (sometimes conducted virtually)
All pups, kitties and people have different needs. These steps help ensure we find a good foster match for your home.
Are you ready to become a Foster for NHAR?
If you are interested in fostering, please click the button below to begin your application.
Thank you for taking steps to save a life!